Saturday, May 11, 2013

Stargate SG-1

I saw the Stargate movie in theaters when it was release many years ago and I heard about the TV shows that were created based on the franchise. I didn't have Showtime so I didn't ever get to see the TV show Stargate SG-1 at the time, but I recently saw the Stargate movie again and got interested in the shows. I wanted to see more of the Stargate universe and the rest of the story of Daniel Jackson and company.

So I got the DVDs and started watching. And let me tell you this show is addicting. I hate when people use that word with things that are not physically addicting, but this show leaves me thinking about it for hours on end until I can get back to my DVDs and finish watching. I watched over 20 episodes of season 1, almost an hour each, in less than a week. I am halfway into season 2 and I can't wait to see the rest of it. In fact, I am watching episode 14 of season 2 right now as I type this. So if you like science fiction or space related shows, or even if you don't I recommend checking this show out. I don't usually like the typical sci-fi movies and shows, I don't particularly like Star Trek or Star Wars, I've haven't even seen that many science fiction shows or movies as they don't really interest me. I try to watch Star Wars and I can't even get through any of the movies. But when I watch Stargate SG-1 I can't stop. I have to watch the very next episode to see what happens. When the first season ended with a cliffhanger I had to go out and get season 2 that very day. So I recommend to anyone and everyone that will listen to see this show as soon as possible. The franchise even spun off two straight to DVD movies as well as two more TV series: Stargate Atlantis and Stargate Universe. So check these shows out if you can. I highly recommend them. Just make sure you have a few free days because you will want to watch all the episodes back to back in a row. You won't even want to go to the bathroom or eat if it takes you away from the show, so be warned! Check out some of the Stargate DVDs below:

No comments:

Post a Comment